The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, March 10, 2005

What Time Is It? 

I recently bought a new razor for myself. This particular one comes with a charging stand, and on this charging stand is a little tiny analog clock. Why? Why do manufacturers insist on putting a clock on practically everything they sell? When daylight savings time comes, I end up roaming around every room finding every clock I own... changing the time. Not only that, but I have to remember how to change the time on all those clocks because they all do it differently.

I used to laugh at my Aunt Carolyn. She never changes the clock in her car. 6 months out of the year she's right, and the other 6 months out of the year she subtracts an hour. I think I finally understand why... at a certain point in time in your life you realize you don't want to fix one more clock. Unfortunately for me, I haven't reached that point in time in my life. So now I own one more time piece which I must keep up to date with all the rest. Lord love a duck.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
I'm a Carnivore and Proud of It
Who Writes a Letter to His Dog?
Wierd Wild Stuff
Look Where They Came From
Grand Theft Stupidity
Fun with Spell Check
How Is He Going to Type Now?
Programmer or Serial Killer?
You Know You're a Geek When...
The Wisconsin iPod Tax

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar