The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, March 17, 2005

Happy St. Patrick's Day 

Are you Irish Nick? Well... I'm actually part Scotch-Irish, but that's not why I'm wishing you a happy St. Pats. Did you know that St. Patrick isn't just the patron saint of Ireland, he's also the patron saint of snakes, and also engineers (I fall into the latter category... not the former I hope). Today is also the day when people with the middle initial "O" actually pronounce it when introducing themselves. Of course my middle initial is L... and that's all your getting because I hate my middle name.

Oh come on Nick, St. Pat's is just an excuse to get drunk. Yeah... what's your point? While other ethnic groups and causes get an entire month, the Irish only get a day... and there is a lot of partying to squeeze into just a day.

Finally, as a St. Patrick's day public service announcement... you don't pee green after drinking green beer. Go see a doctor. And beware of eating green food in honor of St. Patrick's day. Someone could just be trying to empty their refrigerator of some questionable food.

Comments:

Zero percent Irish, but I will have a green margarita with ya as it is my birthday. Easy with the ice, chopped not crushed.

  Posted at March 17, 2005 8:57 PM by Anonymous Anonymous  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
It's Supposed to Blow Up
You Know You're a Geek When
He's Not Far Off the Mark
Book Stack
Programming Alert: Avert Your Eyes
Anti-Blogrolling
Well If That's Your Criteria...
What is a Libertarian Anyway?
Neighbors Always Say the Same Thing
Don't Eat Yellow Snow

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar