The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Book Stack 

Constitutional Chaos: What Happens When the Government Breaks Its Own Laws: I finished this about a week ago. When I started it, I figured it would be a pretty fast read, and it didn't disappoint. He takes a somewhat controversial, and some would say a pretty out there view of many historical cases. However, he does make one consider the lengths that some government agencies will go to in order to seal a case. He definitely gets you thinking. However, as I said earlier... he gets very repetitive in his indignation. I swear a third of the book is just him repeating himself regarding how awful he thinks things are. Maybe that's why it was such a fast read, I could easily skim entire paragraphs.

The United States Of Europe: The New Superpower and the End of American Supremacy: I picked this book up on a whim, and I might be sorry I did. Judging from the flap, it seemed like a pretty even handed book about Europe... where it is now, and where it might be going. However, now that I've gotten through the preface and the first chapter, the author seems more like a Eurpoean cheerleader. Some of the conclusions he mentions in the preface don't seem to jive with a lot of the latest news I'm hearing from countries like Germany and France regarding health care and unemployment trends. I'll let you know how it pans out in the end.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Programming Alert: Avert Your Eyes
Anti-Blogrolling
Well If That's Your Criteria...
What is a Libertarian Anyway?
Neighbors Always Say the Same Thing
Don't Eat Yellow Snow
There Oughta Be a Law
That's a Foreign Car
Random Programming Notes
Car Blogging

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar