The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Don't Raid the Special Funds 

Trying to be an informed voter has it's consequences. As you learn more about what goes on around you, you get more pissed about what goes on around you. As you get more pissed off, you have to decide between one of two options. You either stop learning, or you try to change what you see. Tonight I sent a few emails to my state representatives over the currently proposed state budget. I'll let you know if I hear back from them:

Rep. Cullen, Sen. Reynolds,

After reading about Gov. Doyle's budget, and reading about the support that it is gaining in the legislature, I am writing to tell you that as a taxpayer, and one of your constituents, I am incredibly disappointed. I hope you both realize that this is a one time proposition that you are entering into.

If you raid those funds to solve general fund issues, don't expect support for any special tax again. Don't dare even think about raising the gasoline tax or any other tax that feeds into those special funds. You sold us those taxes on the promise that they would be used for a specific purpose. You lied. If you raid those funds now, you will have lost all future credibility.

I suggest that instead of raiding those funds, and claiming its to protected things like public schools, that you take a serious look at your pet projects. Time to cut the fat, instead of stirring up fear over major issues.

Not only do I expect your vote against the raiding of these funds to pay for your pet projects, I expect your leadership in garnering the same vote from your colleagues.

Remember that you serve the people at our discretion... and believe me when I say that this issue will haunt you come election time should you choose wrong.

I have posted a copy of this email on my web log (The World According to Nick; http://schweitn.blogspot.com) and will post any response from you there as well.

Nicholas Schweitzer
**** ******* **** ****
Wauwatosa, WI 53213

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
I Just Don't Know
Addiction
Have It Your Way
Permit Me Please
Car Enthusiasts Take Note
Let's Change That
The Law of Technology
Blog Rolling
I'll Solve My Own Problems Thanks
Can You Hear Me Now?

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar