The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I'm Down With That Sista 

Rachel Lucas is ranting (go figure) about Eminem who thinks he could have affected the Presidential elections if only he had released his album sooner. Here is what our Blue Eyed Infidel has to say:

Yo yo yo, holmes! Word. I got some advice, maybe you don't got no time to listen but listen up anyways homey. Go ahead and be a militant political rapper, because yo yo yo, it's tons of fun for me to watch the same liberals, homosexuals, feminists who wanted you to just die a few years ago (back when you wuz all hatin' on the gays and the bitches) try to figure out what to make of you now that you be actin' as an anti-Bush asspiece.

This reminds me of my fascination with women who absolutely love Eminem. One of my best friends, whom I've known since high school absolutely loves him for instance. The thing I don't get is that she is pretty forward thinking, believes in the whole feminism thing, etc. Yet somehow, when it comes to this moron, she and seemingly scores of other women seem to sweep his women hating and other obnoxious lyrics under the rug. I've asked her about it, and usually get some really vague response like "I just like him" or something like that. When I ask specifically about those lyrics, I usually get something like, "I know, but I still like him." Her husband is just as baffled by this as I am.

Now then, I have no idea what my current reader demographics look like, but can a female reader of my little corner of the world please explain this to me? What am I missing?

Comments:

I don't get it myself. I think it's because he's a white guy who's seeming to pull off being black or something. Personally, I think that the lyrics are just typical gangsta stuff and the music's pretty mediocre. I can't stand his voice. Way too nasal for me. That said - I know a fair number of women, both straight and gay, who like him. No accounting for taste, I guess.

  Posted at January 13, 2005 9:51 AM by Blogger Be  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Don't Knock the Isms
They Still Do That?
Question Time
FedEx Sucks
Red Milk Bone District
Whiskers on Kittens
When Is Torture Acceptable?
Blog Watch
I'll Have a Beer
Guns A Blazing

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar