The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Saturday, January 08, 2005

I'll Have a Beer 

Went out drinking with some coworkers last night. We went to a local Mexican place, La Fuente, which has really good food, and pretty good margaritas. I'm actually not much of a margarita man myself, so I stuck to beer all night. I haven't been to La Fuente in a while... but I still should have known better. First I ordered a Leine's Red. I know its a Mexican place, but this is also Milwaukee. I thought they might have it. After repeating myself twice because the bartender didn't hear... I finally just said... I'll have a Miller Genuine Draft.

I went to the table with my compatriots and we started laughing about something... who remembers these things? Beer number one was done, and a waitress came by taking more orders. She didn't speak much English... so we all had to order twice. I handed her my empty, and said I'll have another Genuine Draft.

She came back a few minutes later with fresh margaritas, a Miller Lite for another guy there who had been ordered one, a Miller High Life for me, and then walked away. One of the women there just looked at me and said "Weren't you drinking MGD?" "I was... apparently not any more. That's ok - this is the Champagne of Bottled Beers after all." Luckily I'm actually not that picky about beer. I do have my preferences, but it's not like I ever turn down a beer if it's not my brand. Besides, I wasn't buying.

A while later with beer number two nearly gone, the waitress came back. I simply held up my mostly done bottle and said "I'll have another beer." Someone looked and said "Aren't you going to tell her what kind?" I simply looked back at him and said "Do you think my telling her will make a difference in what she brings back?" Amazingly, probably more by coincidence than anything else, she brought back another High Life. Of course more happened... but that's for another blog post... or maybe not.

Rule #1 when going to a Mexican place in Milwaukee... don't order any kind of out of the ordinary beer. Hell, don't order any beer and expect it to be what you actually asked for... unless it's a Corona. Like I said, I should have known better.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Guns A Blazing
It's Called the Entertainment Industry
Mil-Chunky No Longer
Live Team Coverage
This is a Joke... Right?
The Bell Curve
Blog Rolling
Flipping the Switch
Computer Geeks as Bad Boys
Why Wait Until New Years?

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar