The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, November 15, 2004

Not a Chinese Restaurant Menu 

But there are two columns...

Seeing as how I have an Engineering Degree, I guess that lands me solidly in Column B. But then again, anyone who has listened to my grandmother (maternal), my mother, my sisters, or myself for any length of time knows that we're all very good at telling stories. So that sort of makes me somewhat Column A too. Of course, the funny thing is that while we're all good story tellers in my family, we generally can't stand it when we try to tell stories to each other. Even the simplest "you won't believe what just happened to me" story can turn into a long drawn out tale with suspense, heroes, villains, running villagers, and even motifs. Sometimes we just have to say to each other - Will you get to the point already?

Speaking of which... what was my point? Oh yeah - read about the two types of occupations and what conclusions you might be able to draw about their political beliefs. It's an interesting idea, but way too generalized. I'm not sure if I really buy it. Thanks to Instapundit for the link.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Searching
sizeof( short )
Tools vs. Weapons
You Know You're a Geek When...
You've Got to Be Kidding Me
The Control Group
What Do You Workout To?
Speaking of Winamp
What's the Point?
Anonymity and Venom

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar