The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I Fear for Our Future 

Especially when I read things like this:

A Jeannette woman who was slightly injured after being struck by a train while walking along railroad tracks sued Norfolk Southern Corp. Thursday for failing to warn pedestrians that trains travel on tracks.

Patricia M. Frankhouser, of [address removed], is seeking an unspecified amount in excess of $30,000 from the Norfolk, Va., rail transport company for the Jan. 6 incident that left her with a broken finger, cuts on her hand and pain, according to the suit.

What did she think those long metal things on the ground were for? And when there was that big bright light on a huge multi-ton behemoth... she didn't think about moving? The loud horn didn't make her think "maybe I should move to the side"? I hope the train company fights this in court, and I hope the judge nails her with the court costs for filing a frivolous suit.

Comments:

And people wonder why seemingly harmless products have paragraph long warning labels on them.

  Posted at November 17, 2004 3:52 PM by Blogger Ed  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Subtle Hint
Not a Chinese Restaurant Menu
Searching
sizeof( short )
Tools vs. Weapons
You Know You're a Geek When...
You've Got to Be Kidding Me
The Control Group
What Do You Workout To?
Speaking of Winamp

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar