The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, October 18, 2004

Dancing in the Cubes 

Back at my last client, I had this ongoing "religious argument" with one of my coworkers about the relative greatness of VB.NET vs. C#. I know, I know... we're geeks. I come from a background of C/C++ (or C/C+/C++ if you're Barnes and Noble). He is a database guy, and did lots and lots of VB 6 in his day. I couldn't be convinced of the greatness of VB.NET, and he couldn't be convinced that C# is worth anything... this despite the fact that besides the syntax difference, they're hardly any different any more.

One of the points he continued to get me on was that in the upcoming version of VS.NET 2005 (Whidbey), VB.NET would be supported Edit and Continue while C# wouldn't (even though we get better refactoring ability). Well Chuck... In your face! Announcing: C# Edit and Continue support for Visual Studio 2005. Too bad my current client is a VB.NET house... yuck.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
I Guess Size Does Matter
News Oddities
Not Gonna Happen
Labeling People
Winning at all Costs
Debate Round Up
A Public Goading
You Know You're a Geek When...
Turn About Sucks Doesn't It?
Nuisance and Nuance

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar