The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Sunday, September 12, 2004

Rest Week 

Yesterday began my rest week in preparation for the Devil's Challenge Triathlon next Sunday. This is the first race that I'm repeating in, so I'll get to see how far I've come since last year. It's the toughest one of the year, with a very difficult bike leg for the distance. As usual, I'm just going to do some short runs and short bike rides to keep myself loose. Mostly I want to give my body time to rest, and my muscles time to repair those tiny tears that you get when you train hard.

Devil's Lake is about 2 hours away from where I live, and last year I drove up the morning of the race, which meant I was on the road at 4:30 am. I'm actually glad I did that because I was pretty nervous (being my first one), and the drive calmed me down quite a bit. This year I'm a little more experienced, and I want the extra rest. So I'm going to stay with some cousins who live in the Wisconsin Dells area (about 20 minutes away from the race). We'll see how it goes.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Undisclosed Sources II
How Do You Convince Voters?
Undisclosed Sources
Food Service Rants
Goodbye Indian Larry
My Own Computer Stupidities
Bus Plunge!
Chilling in the Country
Judging the Speech
Got a New Job

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar