The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, August 09, 2004

Does that Really Need an Alarm? 

Often times I think that certain product manufactures have an inflated idea of exactly how important their product is. This morning at work, I went into the bathroom and was doing my thing, when all of a sudden I hear this loud buzzing alarming beep. Of all the times you want to hear something like that, standing at the urinal is not one of them. A few seconds later, there it is again. Jesus, what on Earth could that be for?!

After I finished, I turned around to see this rather large box near the ceiling, which was the source of the alarm. There is a little red light flashing that says "Refill". The bathroom air freshener needed to be refilled? That deserves a buzzing alarm? Here I figured a smoke detector had a dying battery, or a carbon monoxide alarm was going off. Maybe the bathroom was in imminent danger of flooding. But no, they're right, this is far worse. Stop everything! Hurry and go get a refill - stat!

Comments:

you should probably count your blessings you weren't going number two when the alarm went off-- that could make for a messy surprise.

  Posted at August 10, 2004 2:51 PM by Blogger anne lynn  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
A Bad Omen for Bloggers
Remember the Funny Pages?
Ancient Egypt and Modern Technology
Was that a...?
The Retro-Encabulator
Web Readers are Supposedly Men
The Perfect Boyfriend?
Shades of Red
Now We're Goons
New Nestle Chocolate Product

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar