The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Shades of Red 

Tonight has been perfect so far... thunderstorms have been rolling through all night. I went for a 12 mile training ride today after work in about 80 degree heat, averaging about 18 miles an hour in traffic. Commuters can be real jerks. Nothing is more frustrating when you're riding. But then it started to get real dark as the clouds thickened up, and the cool breeze started. As soon as I got home I jumped on the net and took a look at the local radar, and there it was. Beautiful shades of yellow and red as thunderstorms were west and heading this way. An absolute perfect end to this day.

I sit by the screen door and just enjoyed the smell, the breeze, the light show, and the sound. It's just perfect. I love the sound of the rain on the roof, coming down with a soft, quiet rumble. The lightning out the window is sharp and bright, streaking down to the ground in incredible patterns. I suppose it isn't so attractive if that lightning is streaking down on your head, but that's the great part of watching a storm from your house. Then there is the smell of ionized air wafting in, as the rain pushes all the pollution down, cleaning the air like nothing can, washing it away never to be seen again.

I love thunderstorms, and the redder the better. It's the great part about being a human being. We build things to protect ourselves from what could be a harrowing event. But now I can sit in a house, watching the thunderstorm, quietly laughing at mother nature for she didn't get me tonight. I hope it lasts until I go to sleep. Nothing puts me to sleep faster than rain on the roof.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Now We're Goons
New Nestle Chocolate Product
Rest and Relaxation
Hard to Say Goodbye
Nick 2.0
A Brief Thought on Outsourcing
Blog Surfing
Where Do I Sign Up?
And This is a Revelation?
Training Update

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar