The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, July 26, 2004

Training Update 

Well, I gave myself the better part of a week off from training after the Pewaukee Triathlon. But then as the week was drawing to a close, I realized that I still hadn't signed up for the last triathlon of the season which I want to do at Devil's Lake. So I signed up late last week, and then realized that it's the toughest one of the year, and I'd better start cracking.

So, with that in mind, I went for a 12 mile bike ride on Thursday. I averaged about 19 mph, which in the city, having to stop for traffic every once in a while, ain't too bad. Then Friday I went running (which I really need to get better at). I concentrated on keeping a consistent pace (which I have problems with) and breathing deeply (also a problem for me). I had the best training run I've ever had, hands down. I did the entire distance without stopping once (never done that before), had no side stitches (thank God), and when I was done I didn't feel like dying (always a good thing). When all was said and done, I cut a minute and a half from my previous best time running that distance in training.

Friday night I went to see the Bourne Supremacy (great movie). Saturday I rested, and Saturday night I went to see a friend's semi-pro football game (ouch). Sunday I went to the lake front and went for 22 miles on my bike, averaging about 19.5 mph. That's the longest ride I've done at race speed (at least race speed for me). If I can keep going like this, nothing will stop me in September. Here's hoping!

I wonder if I put too much stuff in parenthesis (nah).

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Note to Self
Speaking Out For Dad
The War Room
Don't Piss Off Lance
The More Big Guns the Better
Maybe If They'd Called It "Freedom Country Living"
Enter the Web Log
What Do You Get the Company That Has Everything?
Minor Pet Peeve
Three Isn't Enough Any More

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar