The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, August 06, 2004

Was that a...? 

Last night was absolutely gorgeous. It was a perfectly cool, with a calm breeze blowing. I had just finished reading, and had the window next to my bed open to let the night air waft in. I turned off my light at 11:15, and slowly started to drift off into peaceful contented slumber, when from somewhere across the backyard a noise came that woke me up. What on Earth was that? It sounded like... no, but that can't be. Nobody would be doing that this late would they?

About a minute later, there it came again. The exact same, unmistakable sound. Who in their right mind would be using a power mitre saw at 11:15 at night?! For about 15 minutes I kept hearing it, a single cut every minute or so. I looked out the window, but couldn't identify the yard where this moron was working. Then, after several minutes, I didnt' hear it anymore. The cool breeze wafted back in silently, and I drifted off into sleep... where I had some really strage dreams. But that's for another post.

A power mitre saw in the middle of the night?! What is wrong with these people?

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
The Retro-Encabulator
Web Readers are Supposedly Men
The Perfect Boyfriend?
Shades of Red
Now We're Goons
New Nestle Chocolate Product
Rest and Relaxation
Hard to Say Goodbye
Nick 2.0
A Brief Thought on Outsourcing

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar