The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, June 21, 2004

Fortune Cookie? 

I just got back from lunch with some of my college buddies. We went over to the Mongolian Barbecue, which of course means several things:

  1. I had a really good, cheap lunch.
  2. I'm going to be really sleepy this afternoon.
  3. I got a fortune cookie.

I've actually been saving the last couple I've gotten from places that give you fortune cookies. I got take out for lunch a couple of weeks ago from a local Chinese place too. Here they are:

  • You will always get what you want through your charm and personality.
  • You always bring others happiness.

While these are both very true, they aren't really fortunes, now are they? They're statements. Granted, statements of total fact, but statements none the less. Where is the insight into my future? Where is the beacon of excitement and hope that can help lead my future? Where is the creativity?

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to make do with spreading happiness to all who encounter me. For those of you who play the "In Bed" game with their fortunes, mine are especially good. Maybe I shouldn't complain. If you don't know, that's where you take your fortune, and append "in bed" to the end and read it to everyone at the table. I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Dangerous Words
Geeks, Interests, and Toys
Book Review: The Mythical Man Month
How Microsoft Lost the API War
The Wonders of VI
WTF?
Gut Check
Training Again...
Barney Torture
When Email is Misrouted

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar