The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, May 01, 2006

Mmmmm... Delicious 

Now who wouldn't want to eat a pink taco?

In a city aspiring to be defined by its good taste, a new Mexican restaurant, the Pink Taco, is opening with a name that some find offensive.

Scottsdale Mayor Mary Manross was so put off by the name, a slang term for vagina, that she asked its owner to change it.

"I don't appreciate anything that offends more than half the population," Manross said. "But he said no and heard my concern. I really didn't want to see a business with that name opening anywhere here."

Sounding more strip club than cantina, the restaurant isn't coy about the double entendre.

"(The name) came out of a dish (that's on the menu), but it's tongue-in-cheek. It was amusing, catchy," Pink Taco CEO Harry Morton said. "You've got to stand out from the rest of the crowd."

I think this could start a new trend. I can't wait until someone opens a seafood restaurant named "The Bearded Clam". Via Tongue Tied.

Comments:

baahhahahhaa....

  Posted at May 01, 2006 1:14 PM by Blogger Phelony Jones  
I loved the line "but it's tongue-in-cheek"... when the name implies that it's really tongue in something else. ;)

  Posted at May 01, 2006 1:26 PM by Blogger Nick  
Oh. My. God.

How many stoned teenagers would go to that restaurant and ask for a "pink taco"--wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Wow.

  Posted at May 01, 2006 3:05 PM by Blogger J  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Ours is a Laissez-Faire Government?!
Bald Eagles Refuse to Move to Milwaukee
Is It The Weekend Yet?
The McBride Flip Flop
Can You Hear Me Now?
Lessons in Stupid Marketing Decisions
Need Something to Gross You Out?
Shhh... Use Your Inside Voice
Is Van Hollen That Desperate Already?
Where Is This Week's Carnival of the Badger?

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar