The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, April 05, 2006

So Will The Camera Pan Out More? 

I have a small confession to make. I used to have a crush on Katie Couric. In fact, I used to watch her on the Today show before going to school in the morning. Granted, as I matured, I still appreciated her legs, but became disgusted with her politics. I tried watching her with mute on, but it seemed to be rather pointless. And so my fascination with Katie finally died.

Now most recent rumors have finally been confirmed:

On her 15th anniversary on 'Today,' Katie Couric told viewers Wednesday she's leaving NBC to join CBS, where she will become the first woman to anchor a network weekday evening newscast alone.

I remember several months ago, Katie guest hosted on the Tonight show, and they removed the back of the desk on stage so the camera could pan out and see her legs... as a joke of course. I wonder if that will be the new permanent gimmick on the CBS news to help revive their ratings. Will they do more features with her in a comfy chair, so the cameras will have the chance to show her in profile with her legs crossed and her shoes dangling? I know... men are such simplistic and predictable animals aren't we?

Comments:

vomit

  Posted at April 05, 2006 4:32 PM by Blogger Phelony Jones  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
As If One Mother Wasn't Enough
Let Me Get This Straight
"There are only two things I can't stand in this w...
More Blogrolling
Culinary Reminiscing
Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't
It's That Time of Year Again
Quick!
It's Not Your Fault
Random Facts About Me

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar