The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, April 13, 2006

Did South Park Get Censored? 

Some people seem to think so. I actually watched last night's episode, even though I normally don't watch South Park. I thought it was hillarious, and when they showed the "censored panels" at the end, I laughed my ass off. I personally think it was part of the joke, and I bet that Stone and Parker don't say a word, and keep people wondering, which only would serve to emphasize their point. And as one commentor on Volokh pointed out, Comedy Central has already shown a cartoon of Mohammed.

Update: Apparently Comedy Central did censor the image. So now Jesus crapping on a flag is OK, but Mohammed standing there innocuously is not. Makes you proud to be an American doesn't it?

Update II: More thoughts here.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
A Little Thursday Self Deprecating Humor
Carnival of the Bunny
The New Kyoto Protocol?
The One Problem I Have With Spring
You Know The Drill
Can a Sequel Be Better Than The First?
Dr. King Would Be So Proud
Cynthia McKinney Goes to Her Local Michelin Dealer
How Do You Move Without Movement?
Much Better Than a $100 Laptop

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar