The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, March 27, 2006

A Small Note to Russ Feingold 

Dear Russ,

You are a United States Senator representing the State of Wisconsin. While I did not vote for you, I understand that you supposedly still represent my interests in Washington. Nobody voted for you to represent the United States outside of this country. Nobody. Whether you like it or not, that job belongs to George Bush. While you may want that job, you are a long way from getting it. When you have won a Presidential election, you will have every opportunity to misrepresent us in other countries.*

Until that time comes, shut up and tow the line! More importantly, don't degrade the morale of our troops fighting for all of us. If you want to become a Commander-In-Chief some day, you better start acting like you can play the part now. Do you think those troops respected you? Do you think they'll forget what you did in 2008?

Sincerely,

An Angry Constituent

Comments:

First of all... I don't speak for the entire city of Wauwatosa. My name is Nick, thank you very much.

Secondly, if you looked at the link I included, you would see that this was in context of Russ Feingold speaking in a foreign country, against our troops. I don't care what your viewpoint on this topic is, a Senator's job is to debate within the Senate, not outside this country. The President represents us on foreign soil, not Senators.

There has normally been a fine tradition of Senator's not taking the debate off our shores, which Russ has decided to ignore. While I certainly disagree with his stance IN the senate, he can certainly debate the matter til he's blue in the face there. He shouldn't be doing it in other countries as if he speaks for the entire country.

  Posted at April 03, 2006 8:20 AM by Blogger Nick  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
That's Not The Reason It's Stupid
You Can Find Me Other Places Too
A Note to Political Activists
Geeky Goodness
Fire... Brimstone... Apocalyptic Chants
Pay Attention!
She Understands the Scriptures?
It's Right When I Want to Do It - Right?
Wow
Listen Up!

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar