The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, March 22, 2006

She Understands the Scriptures? 

This quote from Sen. Clinton about voting against a bill which would make illegal immigration a felony (right now its a civil offense) made me laugh out loud:

"It is certainly not in keeping with my understanding of the Scriptures," Clinton said, "because this bill would literally criminalize the Good Samaritan and probably even Jesus himself."

You heard it here first. Sen. Clinton wants to institute a theocracy. If it doesn't go along with what her understanding of the scriptures are, then we shouldn't pass it. Could you remind me... what's your view on abortion again Hillary?

Via Michelle Malkin

Comments:

My brother says that if you wish to change behavior you must support the behavior you wish to enhance. You can't criticize the Left as Godless and for using God-tools like the right at the same time. ;)

  Posted at March 23, 2006 5:26 AM by Blogger grumps  
For the record... I've never criticized the left as Godless. What I find hypocritical here... and you can make the same argument among Christian Conservatives (of which I'm not one), is that they pick and choose when they use the scriptures when it is convenient for them.

Also, while on the subject, my views on abortion are not driven by any particular religious belief.

  Posted at March 23, 2006 10:37 AM by Blogger Nick  
Okay, then we're aligned. I thought so.

Some day I'll tell the Barbie story. It applies to people of both sides who use scripture dishonestly.

  Posted at March 23, 2006 10:47 AM by Blogger grumps  
Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
It's Right When I Want to Do It - Right?
Wow
Listen Up!
What Am I?
Schedule a Dentist Appointment
Do You Have a Right Not to Listen?
Useless Bits of Trivia
War Weary
All Hail The Dark Lord Xenu
That Could Lead to Painful Diarrhea

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar