The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Witness 

On my way to work yesterday I happened to witness an accident. It was pretty minor in the scheme of things. This guys was stopped in traffic, and a woman backing out of her driveway backed into him. Pretty open and shut. But being the good citizen I am, I decided to stop and give my business card to the guy who got backed into, just in case. Besides, I have so many damn cards that I never seem to use up... might as well give them to someone.

So this morning I got a call from the guy's insurance company. I was actually surprised. It was so clear cut, I never figured they'd actually need me. In reality, he probably wanted to get my statement right away while it was fresh in case he needed it later... I really doubt he will.

As I hung up the phone, I suddenly realized that I had been making hand gestures while I was describing what happened to him. I was pretending my hands were the cars and moving them around as if he could see it. Have you ever just sat back in your chair after something like that and said to yourself... whoa... that's fucked up.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
So What Can't They Take?
Next!
Blog Rolling
Normally I Love the Volokh Conspiracy
Nothing Better to Do
This is Not a Cartoon Plot
Being a Typical Guy...
Shop, Live, Work, Play, Die
My Health Teacher Lied
Unfortunate Headlines

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar