The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, February 28, 2005

This is Not a Cartoon Plot 

At first I thought this was from a classic Warner Brother's cartoon. Unfortunately it's not:

A 10-year-old boy has been crushed to death by a giant snowball, police say.

Peter Strang had been playing with a friend when the snowball, reported to weigh a quarter of a ton, rolled down a hill and engulfed him.

The accident happened at about 1745 GMT on Saturday in Torphins, Aberdeenshire, Grampian Police said. There were no suspicious circumstances.

A police spokesman said the death was "the result of a tragic accident". They have not released further details.

There is a picture included in the story. At first I was afraid it would include two feet sticking out the top... thankfully it doesn't.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Being a Typical Guy...
Shop, Live, Work, Play, Die
My Health Teacher Lied
Unfortunate Headlines
Warning: These Nuts Contain Nuts
Preventing Hysteria
Bloggers United
Mambo Number 8
Now That's Kind of Scary
Genital Blogging

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar