The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Drum Beats 

In case you didn't know... because I sure didn't... April is National Poetry Month. Who decides these things anyway? Was there a vote I wasn't aware of? Anyway... bebere has a special blog dedicated to the occasion called Like Waiting for April. She posts poetry that inspires her... or even music. After all... music is poetic too. If you have something that you enjoy... stop on by and drop her a line.

Seeing as how this is a post dedicated to poetry... and I'm writing this as a thunderstorm is upon me... I'll share with you something I was inspired to write:

The rain pounding on the roof.
The sound of the days awfulness beating.
Or is it running away?
Washed away in a torrent of clean pure water.
Nowhere to run.
Nowhere to hide.
The world washed clean from something so simple falling from the sky.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Book Stack
Well What Did You Expect?
Pain is Good
They Gather Statistics on Everything These Days
Reward Offered For Missing Lung
Monday Spunk Blogging
Women Take Note
More Candy Controversy
Polls Are Still Open
Happy Easter

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar