The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, February 14, 2005

Now That's Cold 

I was at a party on Saturday for a friend's birthday. One of the other people there is pregnant... and expecting in June. So naturally parts of the conversation centered around Ann, and the baby to be. At one point in time, she was talking about getting ultrasounds... which led to several other people talking about ultrasounds they've had. Both Josh (whose party this was in honor of) and Matt (another friend of ours) have been injured playing football. Josh recounted the ultrasounds he'd had on his shoulder (which is why he no longer plays), and Matt talked about his knee injury (he's a quarter back for a local semi-pro team). Naturally this lead to my mentioning the ultrasound I had last week.

Suddenly I realized something. All three of them specifically mentioned the fact that the ultrasound gel was warmed for them... and felt quite nice. Wait a second!

Then comes the gel. Two thoughts immediately come to mind... Damn that's cold... And apply any more gel and I think I'm gonna slide right off this table.

Why was mine ice cold? Then it dawned on me. They wanted to make sure it didn't feel too good... lest I get excited. When she squirted it on... she said "Sorry this is so cold. There's nothing I can do about that." You mean there's nothing you want to do about that. I guess I can't blame her... but still... that's just mean.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Car Blogging
What Happened to Tongue Tied?
Religion in Software
The Agitator is Addicted to Drugs
Nice to Meet You
One Smart Judge
In Other Wisconsin News
Notice
It's a Hard Thing to Do
It's a Pyramid Scheme

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar