The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, February 14, 2005

Car Blogging 

I've decided to buy a new car... but have no idea what I want. My current car is a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT (2-Door of course) that I love... but she's getting a little long in the tooth. I've put just shy of 80,000 miles on her in the almost 5 years I've had her, and the times have been good.

The Milwaukee Auto Show is at the end of the month, and I've decided to go to scope out the new action. And by action, I mean not just the new cars... but also the car babes. A few weeks ago I saw the Pontiac G6 and was impressed... but not overwhelmed. I also knew someone who had a Toyota Solara which is a nice looking car. The new Grand Prix is out... as they've turned it more into a middle aged mans car than it used to be. And I think the Grand Am looks ugly. I'm also more active than I used to be in the past, and am for the first time considering (just considering) an SUV. It would really be from a practical standpoint as it would make it easier to haul my bikes and stuff around. The problem is that I really enjoy driving a car. I like the pickup and go... I like the tight handling... I like being lower to the ground. I'm not sure I could give that up for even a smaller SUV of some kind.

I would prefer a 2 door... but am not married to the idea. It has to have a big enough trunk to accommodate the crap I carry to races, and support my trunk mount bike rack. I'd like a decent sized engine (read V6)... as my Geo Storm hatch back I used to have will be the last 4 banger I ever own. That requirement sort of ruled out the Mitsubishi Eclipse, which I'll probably still look at... but is starting the race with a handicap. I was looking at the new GTO for quite a while... but it's rear wheel drive which sucks in snow. Plus I'm not sure if I want a V8. After all, I don't need to compensate for anything... though it is a slick looking car.

Anyway... I'd appreciate any comments or ideas you may have... please. I have no idea what I want. Help!

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
What Happened to Tongue Tied?
Religion in Software
The Agitator is Addicted to Drugs
Nice to Meet You
One Smart Judge
In Other Wisconsin News
Notice
It's a Hard Thing to Do
It's a Pyramid Scheme
I Find This Very Ironic

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar