The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Notice 

I have a couple posts that I've partially written ... but need cleaning up. I think they'll turn out to be well worth reading too. I had even planned on cleaning them up tonight and posting them for you. Instead however, I'm going to a Bucks game to watch them tromp all over the Celtics. You'll have to wait til tomorrow.

Update: Here are some post game notes for you. It was a great game... or as the Journal said this morning... Boston Cream Pie. The Bucks scored 78 points in the first half and won 121-97. The Celtics head coach Doc Rivers said very eloquently afterwards... "That was a stinker." And to top it all off, the Bucks dance team was looking very nice last night too.

Other interesting things that happened last night:

As I was walking over to the Bradley Center from work... a guy parked on Michigan St., got out of his car, peed on the street next to his car, then got back in and drove off. When did Milwaukee suddenly turn into New York?

One of my friends from work forgot his wallet. So when we went to buy beer at the Bradley Center, and we were all asked for ID (thanks to Tom who looks like he's in high school). Obviously he couldn't show his driver's license. Eric tells the guy he doesn't have his wallet, and so bartender asks what year he was born. He responds 1974 and the guy selling beer says "OK" and gets him one. WTF?! A couple years ago I got carded after I had accidentally let my driver's license expire for like 2 weeks and they wouldn't take it!

Said walletless friend is sent to go get beer later in the game with some money. He goes back to the same spot and comes back with our beers... and a story. When he got up to the counter, he orders... and these two apparently nice looking women snuck in behind him and said "And two Spotted Cows." For those not in the know, Spotted Cow is a local micro brew. The bartender gets Eric's order and theirs and looks at Eric and says "All together then?" Eric looked at the two women, looked at the bartender and laughed, then said "No, just these." That's what you get for sending the only married guy in the bunch to go get beer. The smart single man would have said "Sure"... and then invited them back to our seats. Bah.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
It's a Hard Thing to Do
It's a Pyramid Scheme
I Find This Very Ironic
We Vote for People - Not Positions
Required Reading
Review: Creative Zen Touch
Thank God for Michael Jackson
This Is Not From the Onion
Give 'em the Finger
Finally Drinking and Driving Saves a Life

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar