The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, November 19, 2004

Random Funny Links 

For your Friday enjoyment... I've put together a couple links from the blogosphere that made me laugh at loud when I read them.

First from Ann Althouse comes a link to a book review about Irritable Male Syndrome:

Irritable Male Syndrome tries to give biological-imperative arguments for what was once merely inexcusable behavior. There's a reason guys come home after work and all they want to do is play Texas hold 'em on the computer instead of, say, helping with homework or dinner! It's due to their inability to relieve stress!
...
Diamond's many suggestions include buying his book, adding more zinc to the diet, decreasing licorice (he says it can reduce testosterone levels by 34 percent), practicing meditation and positive thinking, and avoiding circumcision.

Great, now he tells us.

"I now believe that this practice is one of the physical factors that contribute to IMS," Diamond writes with his typical surety based on no findings whatsoever. "Although there haven't been studies linking circumcision to IMS, there is enough evidence of the effects of early childhood trauma that I believe it's wise for parents to carefully consider the subject before making a decision."

Well that explains everything! Yet one more thing I can blame my parents for... they traumatized me when I was but a wee infant. It's not like I can grow it back you know.

Second comes a link from The Agitator about someone selling plush microbes.

I'm waiting for the plush STD microbes. Just so I can say, "Yeah, I gave my girlfriend the clap last Christmas. She thought it was really cute."

What are they going to think of next?

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
You Know You're a Geek When...
Family Technical Support... How May I Help You?
Pancake Hypocrisy
Begging for Censorship
Required Reading
Putting Genies Back in Bottles
People are Nuts
I Fear for Our Future
Subtle Hint
Not a Chinese Restaurant Menu

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar