The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, September 20, 2004

Sign Here Please 

Initial here, and there... wait, you missed a spot. Did you remember a voided check? Check here for single, and there, and there... this is kind of depressing. Why is it that medical insurance for a single person is more than half the cost of insurance for an employee plus spouse with no dependents? Once again, single folks getting ripped off. Date of birth there, and there, and there. Social security number, and again, and again.

Here's a hint to everyone who designs forms. All of you - get together and make a simple decision. Either make them all last name first, first name last, or make then all first name first, and last name last. Just make up your mind for God's sake. I don't know how many times I almost screwed it up because someone decided to be different.

Amazingly though, this is the first time in several years that I haven't had to:
  • Take a drug test.
  • Sign a non-disclosure agreement... as if anyone cares what a software engineer does anyway.
  • Sign a non-competition agreement... which aren't enforceable anyway... but they sure like to make you think they are.

As if it's not bad enough that I have sore legs, and a sore back from yesterday's triathlon... now I feel like George Steinbrenner in those Visa Check Card commercials... I think I hurt my wrist signing all those papers. What's worse... I know I'm going to be feeling it in my legs even more tomorrow. Why is it that the second day is always worse than the first?

Update: Yep... definitely feeling my calves this morning.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
The Umbrella Paradox
Breaking it Down
Floor it Mildred!
The Packing Imperative
Bee Stories
Don't Steal Their Lollipops
No Smoking Propane
Mmmm... Beer
A to Z
The Ultimate Impotence Mobile

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar