The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, August 20, 2004

No Excuses 

I have a couple of different distance "courses" that I run. And of course, I time myself when I run so that I can get an idea of how I'm doing. When I run, I have a couple of very simple rules. First, I only stop my watch when I come to an intersection and I have to stop. If at any point in time I walk for any part of it, then I keep timing.

Lately though, it seems like whenever I cross a major intersection, there are no cars anywhere. All the lights that I come up to always seem to stay green for me, or turn green as soon as I get to them. So now if I'm tired, I either have to walk (which means I screw my time), or I keep running... because I don't stop unless I have to. With that said, I haven't walked at all... but it would be nice to have an excuse to stop. Oh well.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Bullets, Not Boobs
BugMeNot Be Gone
Not Gonna Do It
Book Review: Red Rabbit
The Star Spangled Fizzle
Computer Stupidities
Random Thoughts
Fuck the List
I Just Can't Resist
Don - You're Fired

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar