The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, April 21, 2004

The Scourge of Commuters 

OK... this one is really bugging me. I was driving to work this morning and came up to a stop light as the second car in line. At this particular intersection, people tend to form two lines because there are a lot of people who left turn there... but I stayed in the left because the one car ahead of me didn't have his turn signal on. But of course the left "lane" his stacked with cars because the car behind me has it's turn signal on. A minute later, the light turns green, the car ahead pulls slowly into the intersection, stops, and puts on his turn signal. And now I'm screwed. I wait there as car after car to the right blows by... laughing cause some moron doesn't understand the simple concept of signaling when you're supposed to. How hard is this concept people? At that point, he might as well not have put on his turn signal at all. So I have to wait there until the light turns yellow... he waits forever to clear the intersection, and I actually get a chance to go.

These people are the scourge of good intentioned drivers everywhere. So to review, that little bar sticking out to the left of your steering wheel is a turn signal. Use it! Use it early and often!

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Looking for Toto
More to Look Forward to in VS.NET 2005
In Case of Nuclear War... Don't Pollute
Null as a Way of Being
Some More Details on UNSCAM
Screw Palestine... Its Time for Kurdistan
What If Bush Had Said This?
My Syntactic Sweet Tooth
Why Gmail Will Fail
The Real Reason Behind All the Microsoft Bloggers?

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar