The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Friday, April 16, 2004

The Real Reason Behind All the Microsoft Bloggers? 

Or The Legion of Doom...

I just thought you would all like to know the truth behind the blogs here at Microsoft. There was something going on that you knew nothing about. At least for me, the blogs that I posted, the comments, the gags, the code snippets, had nothing to do with reaching out to the community.
...
Of course you would not. You know better. In fact, I suspect that a whole hoard of you banded together to try and unravel the mystery of this charade of glastnost that has being perpetrated upon the world. You probably suspected that something was up from the moment the first Microsoft bloggers took to the web, hitting hard like a platoon of soldiers storming onto the shore to capture that first beachhead. Who were these guys (and gals) anyway? What were they up to with their sly editorials and propaganda disguised as useful facts and humorous tidbits? You probably suspected their mission was to secure a host of converts that would help smooth the way toward enslavement of the remaining billions, surrendering to the juggernaut and total world domination. That would have made sense.
...
Or maybe I’m just blowing smoke.

Read the whole thing... its pretty funny. In fact, I'd generally recommend Matt Warren's blog. Its pretty amusing. I should really update my links some time.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
More on UNSCAM
The Degeneration of the Democratic Party
Apparently George Bush Now Runs Every State
Canada is a Pleasently Authoritarian Country
The French Love Bush After All
Short Straw is Mayor?
General Sets and Disjoint Sets
Someone Explain This to Me
WiX Toolkit from Microsoft Released
Some Interesting Dissents

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar