The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, April 19, 2004

Looking for Toto 

Went riding this weekend on my new bike. The wind was whipping both Saturday and Sunday... I thought I would see Toto floating around there, or at least some flying cows. What's cool is that I never would have gotten half as far as I did on my Mtn Bike... now I can just duck my head down and haul butt. The gearing is great. Its just going to take some time to get used to the thin tires... its much less stable then what I'm used to. What was freaky was when I was riding perpendicular to the direction of the wind... I could hear it howl threw the wheels... In fact it almost blew me over. The wind can definitely be demoralizing. I just keep telling myself... I'm a reed in the wind... neither opposing nor being opposed. Of course reeds get blown every which way and down... which isn't too good. Maybe I need to be something else in the wind? Lets see... a fart in the wind? Yuck. A ghost in the wind? At least the howling was right. I'll have to think on that one.

I'll be competing in the Lake Mills Triathlon in June. I'm also definitely doing the Devil's Challenge again in September. I did that one last year... and want to better my time. I also want to do at least one in between... but I haven't decided which one to do yet.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
More to Look Forward to in VS.NET 2005
In Case of Nuclear War... Don't Pollute
Null as a Way of Being
Some More Details on UNSCAM
Screw Palestine... Its Time for Kurdistan
What If Bush Had Said This?
My Syntactic Sweet Tooth
Why Gmail Will Fail
The Real Reason Behind All the Microsoft Bloggers?
More on UNSCAM

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar