The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, March 01, 2004

Kerry's Haiti jab 

More hypocracy and two facing from John Kerry in the New York Daily News:

Kerry (D-Mass.) said he would have sent troops to Haiti even without international support to quell the revolt against President Jean-Bertrand Aristide.

"President Kerry would never have allowed that to get where it is," Kerry said, though he added he's not "a big Aristide fan."
...
A Kerry administration would have given the rebels a 48-hour ultimatum to come up with a peaceful agreement - "otherwise, we're coming in," he said.

"I would intervene with the international community, and absent an international force, I'd do it unilaterally," he said, adding the most important thing was to protect democracy.


But of course we should never have gone into Iraq without multilateral agreement from every country in the world and full UN endorsement. Thats just different.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Wrapping Up Properties with Delegates
CodeGuru has a New Look
Rethinking Free Software
Redefining Low and High when it comes to Unemployment
They Are Illegal... and They Are Aliens
Why Isn't Anyone Asking Her to Resign?
Guarantee This Won't Change... I'm Sorry... I cons...
O'Reilly Launches WindowsDevCenter.com
I'm Voting for Bush Because Kerry Says He'll Creat...
I Don't Dream of Jeannie... or Why I Hate Wizards

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar