The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Years Resolutions 

Resolutions are tricky... at least for me. I tend to waffle back and forth on them. In the past I've done all sorts of resolutions. I've done silly things like resolved not to resolve anything. That is the resolution equivalent of giving up church for lent I think. I've also tried to make resolutions that are somewhat measurable... lose x amount of weight... or something like that. Those can be gratifying because it's easy to see when you've accomplished it... if its a reasonable goal. This definitely sits well with engineering side of me. However, the more free thinking side of me finds those resolutions damn boring... and needs something more existential. So here it goes... drum roll please....

In 2006 I won't allow myself to dwell on things that I can't change.

I have no idea exactly what this means really. It's almost like a mission statement for my life this year. Whenever shit goes down... or I start thinking about stuff too much... I'll need to keep this resolution in mind. Hopefully it won't ruin my blogging... since I tend to blog on the stuff that bothers me.

Tagged: 2006resolutions

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Asshattery
Yet Another Random Thought
First Use Good Statistics
Tricked Again
Another Random Thought
The XX Carnival
New Little Toy
We're Under Attack!
Carnival Reminder
A Random Thought

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar