The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Monday, November 14, 2005

How Did I Miss This Blog? 

Did you know that Scott Adams (creator of Dilbert) has a blog? Go check it out immediately! If you're looking for a good example of how funny he can be, check out this post on how we can reform the justice system:

I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of celebrities who have two trials for every one alleged homicide or molestation. First there’s the criminal trial, where the jury inevitably acquits him because of the high burden of reasonable doubt. Then there’s the civil trial and its lower burden of proof where the families of the victims try to make some cash out of the deal. Two trials for the same crime. Jeeeeez.

You and I are paying for this redundancy with our tax dollars! I say we band together as concerned (and cheap) citizens and change the law so that one trial handles the whole shebang. It’s easy, really. All you’d need to change is the verdict options.

Read the whole thing to find out the very common sense choices that only Scott Adams could come up with.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Sony May Have Made a Mistake, But It's Not a Terro...
Am I Moving Up in the World?
New Carnival of the Badger
In Defense of Big Oil
Don't Drink the Orange Water
Abortion Common Sense?
Aruba Asks Citizens to Avoid Alabama
Poetry in Pictures
Required Reading
I Missed The Entire Game

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar