The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, July 28, 2005

You Do Watch Battlestar Don't You? 

It's a slow blogging day for me. I just don't see anything in the news that really strikes my fancy too much (well there is one I'll post on a bit later). I did run into this post by Darleen about a particular score from last week's Battlestar Galactica. It reminded me that I've been meaning to mention the show here for a while, and just never got around to it.

First of all, I need to start with the fact that I'm no Sci Fi junkie. I do enjoy the genre, but I'm very picky about it. When things start getting too out there (and a lot of them do), or are just plain too hokey (and a lot of them are), then you've lost me. What I enjoy the most is Sci Fi that's grounded in reality. With that said, I'm a huge Stargate SG-1 fan (and some less of an Atlantis fan), and now a huge Battlestar Galactica fan. Stargate is just fun and clever, with some good drama built in. It's still too early to tell how some of the new characters will work out, but overall I think the show has had incredible staying power.

Battlestar is totally different. The writing is absolutely incredible, with great show of emotion and wonderful character development. It's Sci Fi without being out there. And of course, if that's not enough reason for you, then there's always Number 6. It's on Friday nights after SG-1 and Atlantis, but if you're like me you can record it and watch it later. Seriously, I consider it required viewing.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
It's Called a Raspberry
Is That Honestly What This Is All About?
Dear God What Next?
Why Hillary Won't Be President
You Forgot Administrative Costs
Shouldn't This Be Illegal?
That's One Angry Beast
Pewaukee Tri Pics
Perpetuating the 'Silent Spring' Myth
Senseless Sensenbrenner

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar