The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Son of a Bitch! 

That Son of a Bitch John McCain is at it again. In fact, for the remainder of this post, please note that when I say TSOBJM, that's who I'm referring to. My brother in law Shannon (who's blog has been MIA for too long, you pussy) for some reason really likes TSOBJM. For some reason, he thinks that TSOBJM is the real face of the Republican Party, or at least where the Republican Party belongs. At one point in time a while ago (probably 2000ish) I agreed with him. However, TSOBJM is doing more and more fucked up shit that is pissing me off to no end.

The first time he really got my goat was with the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Bill... otherwise known as the Incumbent Protection/Free Speech Destruction Bill. That of course is old news. Now TSOBJM is at it again... this time trying to pass a Mini-Kyoto (H/T to Daily Pundit):

John McCain is promoting a bill that mandates emissions be cut to 2000 levels by 2010. Democrat Sen. Jeff Bingaman (New Mexico) has proposed a competing bill that wouldn't reduce the absolute level of carbon-dioxide emissions, but their rate of increase. The game is to get any restriction, no matter how piddling, on carbon-dioxide emissions. As environmental analyst Marlo Lewis of the Competitive Enterprise Institute argues, the debate then will forevermore be not whether emissions should be capped, but by how much. Thus, the U.S. will enter a new era of restrictions on its energy consumption. Carbon dioxide is a byproduct of coal, oil and natural gas, which account for 85 percent of all energy consumed by Americans.

Hey TSOBJM! I'm talking to you! There is a reason why even Clinton didn't put Kyoto to the Senate to be ratified! It will destroy our economy for no good reason. The amount of emissions that will be stopped by your Kyoto are so piddly as to only delay things for maybe 5 years, and your bill is even smaller. In the meantime, the world economy will tank because of Kyoto... so there is absolutely no reason to drag us down with it.

Now then... if you want to even consider my vote for President... get this straight. Caving to environmental whackjobs now and then does not make you a "moderate" no matter how much the media decides to slap you with that title. Moderate means you vote for smaller government, more personal freedom, and not caving to far right Christian whackjobs. Understand? You have 3 years to start showing me you understand before I forgive you for the campaign finance reform debacle. The clock is ticking.

Editor's Note: Can you tell I was a little pissed off when I wrote this? Honestly TSOBJM gets me so pissed because I expected more from him. He truly disappoints me because I once really liked him.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
I Love Studies
Starbucks vs. Food Stamps
What is a RINO Anyway?
Click Now!
Permit Me Please
What Was On My Bumper?
Time Heals All Wounds
Blog Rolling
No No No No No
Women

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar