The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Thursday, May 13, 2004

What a Way to Start a Morning 

This morning I almost saw someone die.

I was driving to work this morning and heading down Hwy 164 towards County M which has a stop light... and is at the bottom of a hill. It's 3 lanes, and I was in the right, with a rather large semi to my left in the middle lane. We were both probably going about 50 MPH. The light at the intersection ahead turned yellow and I started to break. The semi was most definitely going to blow through and was speeding up. One car waiting to left turn onto M crossed the intersection and another one started.... then saw the semi and stopped. The semi actually had to swerve into my lane to avoid hitting this tiny little Japanese car. Luckily I had slowed down enough so the semi had the room to move into my lane, otherwise he would have T-Boned that car going 55 and sent it flying a good mile down the highway.

In a battle between a Japanese compact and a semi... who do you think would win? I hope the driver of that car Scotch Guarded his seat.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Kerry MIA Again
Blogger Update
Being Unemployed in the Summer
It Can't Make Toast... But It Can Order Pizza
Hard to Manage a Server
Programming with Perspective
Dear John. We're thru :-(
And I'm Really Queen Elizabeth
HotSpot Haven
New Version of RSS Bandit Released

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar