The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Thats a SIDE Effect? 

I was watching TV last night and saw a commercial for Ambien... a perscription sleep aid. Now I've seen the commercial before, and I've noticed this little detail before... but I figured that since I now have a blog I'd post about it. During any perscription commercial they very quickly list the meriad of awful things that can happen to you as side effects if you take the drug. For Ambien... the very first side effect that they mention is drowsiness. Now forgive my ignorance... but isn't drowsiness supposed to be one of the primary effects? After all, what's the point of a sleep aid if it doesn't make you... well... sleepy? I suppose sometime soon the great people at Sanofi-Synthelabo (the maker of Ambien) will come up with a non-drowsy version... to help you get through your day. I wonder what will be in it.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
C# FAQ: Object.Equals vs. operator ==
Writing Around the Garbage Collector
The Outsourcing Bogeyman
More Helpful Messages from MSN Messenger
One More Reason to Interview at Microsoft
E-mail and Snail Mail Unite
Can Blogging Ruin Your Life?
Congress to Test Air Screening Program
Anti-Piracy Vigilantes Strike
It Was All About the Oil... for the French

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar