The World According to Nick
My take on Software, Technology, Politics, and anything else I feel like talking about.
Wednesday, July 20, 2005

If At First You Don't Succeed 

Well... nothing... because nobody will tell you otherwise, at least not in Britain:

The word "fail" should be banned from use in British classrooms and replaced with the phrase "deferred success" to avoid demoralizing pupils, a group of teachers has proposed.

Members of the Professional Association of Teachers (PAT) argue that telling pupils they have failed can put them off learning for life.

Now how can you argue with logic like that? The PAT also promised that if the ban were to take effect, they would revisit the issue in a few years to see if their student's success in life had been deferred due to such idiotic ideas.

Comments:

Post a Comment

About Me



Name: Nick
Home: Wauwatosa, WI, United States

I'm a Software Consultant in the Milwaukee area. Among various geeky pursuits, I'm also an amateur triathlete, and enjoy rock climbing. I also like to think I'm a political pundit.


 View My Profile

Archives
 Home Page

Subscribe to this Feed

Search Archives
Previous Posts
Fisking Being Fired
All These Things That I've Done
Beamed Away
On to Bigger and Better Things I Guess
Fill In the Blank
Lord Love a Duck
I Bonked
That's Going to Take a While
Priceless
Now I'm a Little Freaked

Personal Links
Carnival of the Badger
The Coding Monkey
del.icio.us Links
Flickr Photos
Blog Critics Reviews





Blogroll Me!

music
books
video
culture
politics
sports
gaming

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nick_Schweitzer. Make your own badge here.

Credits

Blogcritics: news and reviews







This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

RSS-to-JavaScript.com

Listed on BlogShares

Design By maystar